Mission, Vision and Goals Physician Assistant Program Mission
To recruit exemplary individuals from diverse backgrounds while creating an environment of academic excellence, leadership, and scholarly activity that produces culturally sensitive, caring Physician Assistants who practice evidence-based medicine and who are dedicated to serving the healthcare needs of the community.
Physician Assistant Program Vision
The Lake Erie College Physician Assistant program will be an exemplary leader in physician assistant sciences education. Through transformative experiences, students and faculty will emerge as community leaders and advocates for outstanding, comprehensive and integrated healthcare for the world’s population.
Physician Assistant Program Goals
Our goals are to prepare physician assistants to:
- Provide compassionate and highly skilled healthcare.
- Provide innovative methods to develop and improve quality processes.
- Promote and foster an awareness of cultural sensitivity.
- Promote and foster collaborative processes and teamwork.
- Provide medical, social, emotional, and spiritual support for patients.
- Encourage professional and community involvement in research and service.
- Instill a commitment to continuous personal and professional development.
- Encourage entrepreneurship of Physician Assistants in their professional careers.
Physician Assistant Guiding Principles
The philosophy, values and beliefs of the Lake Erie College Physician Assistant faculty guide the educational principles upon which the curriculum is built.
- Utilizing evidenced-based medicine
- Clinical problem solving
- Leadership in self, community, and global populations
- Integration and application
- Team work and collaborative spirit
- Self-direction and active participation in learning
- Lifelong learning
Distinctive Characteristics of a Lake Erie College Education
Lake Erie College sets distinguishing goals including innovation, activation, and collaboration.
INNOVATE: The PA program will foster an innovative spirit in students, providing them with confidence in themselves and their ability to achieve their objectives. The application of innovation and creativity is the heart of entrepreneurship and self-directed engagement.
ACTIVATE: The PA program will utilize hands-on activities, early clinical exposure, active literature search of evidence-based medicine, problem-based learning, and supervised clinical practice. This will enable students to apply theory to practice, allowing them to absorb information more effectively and teaching them how to transfer successes from one area to another in their personal and professional lives.
COLLABORATE: The PA program will consider cultural and social interdependence in medicine. It will provide graduates with an enduring foundation for living in our complex and demanding society.