Applying for Financial Aid | Lake Erie College
Lake Erie College
Academics About LEC For Future Students For Current Students For Alumni Athletics
Applying for Financial Aid
A college education is an important investment but represents a major expense in most family budgets. However, we commit ourselves to helping find the means to afford a quality private education. We provide guidance to new freshman and transfer students, current students and students in our graduate programs.


Applying for Aid

Once you are accepted to Lake Erie College and the Financial Aid Office has your processed FAFSA, we will determine your eligibility for the various forms of financial aid and notify you with an Award Letter.

Basic Eligibility for Federal Student Aid

To be eligible for federal student aid programs, a student must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen, enrolled as a regular student in an eligible program, cannot also be enrolled in elementary or secondary school, must have a high school diploma or equivalent, must make satisfactory academic progress , must meet enrollment status requirements, must have resolved any drug conviction issue.

To Apply for Financial Aid

  1. Apply for a PIN. This Personal Identification Number from the U. S. Department of Education allows you to sign your FAFSA electronically. Have your parent apply for their own PIN, too. If you are a dependent student, your parents can also electronically sign your FAFSA with their own PIN. Your FAFSA will be processed faster if you and your parent sign using PINs.
  2. Submit a FAFSA. Students must apply for financial aid every year. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid is the application for federal, state and institutional need based aid.

    What You Need to Complete your FAFSA (Refer to section 1 of the FAFSA on the Web home page):
    • Your Social Security Number
    • Your driver's license number, if you have one
    • Your W-2 Forms
    • Your federal income tax return
    • Your current bank statements and records of stocks, bonds and other investments
    • Your records of other untaxed income received, such as Social Security, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), welfare or veterans benefits
    • Your business or farm records, if applicable
    • Your alien registration number, if you are not a U.S. citizen
    • If you are a dependent student, you will also need:
      • Your parent(s) social security number(s), birth date
      • Your parent(s) income and financial records (as listed above)
Lake Erie College | 391 West Washington Street | Painesville, Ohio 44077 | 1.855.GO.STORM