Information for Graduates
Congratulations on your plans to graduate on May 12, 2013! For those of you who graduated in August and December, congratulations on your accomplishment.
- Commencement will take place on Sunday, May 12, 2013 at 11:00 a.m. in the Jerome T. Osborne Family Athletic and Wellness Center on the south end of the campus. Students who are participating will need to report to the main competition athletic arena by 10:00 a.m.
There are mandatory rehearsals in the Wellness Center as follows:
- Undergraduates: Thursday, May 9, 2013, from 1:00-
- Graduates: Saturday, May 11, 2013 from 9:00 am to 10:00 a.m.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding the graduation ceremony, contact the Registrar's Office 440.375.7010.
*Commencement Participation Policy Change:
Effective immediately, students within 8 credit hours of completing their degree may participate in the May commencement ceremony. Students wishing to participate must complete a Graduation Application by published deadlines. Students will be charged the $150 Commencement Fee at the time of degree completion.
For questions, please contact the Registrar's Office (email@example.com, 440.375.7010).
All students must apply to graduate. Graduation applications are due by December 1, 2012 for
spring graduation and May 1, 2013 for summer or fall graduation. The
$150.00 graduation fee is automatically billed to your account. If you have any
questions regarding graduation applications or deadlines, please call the
Registrar's Office (440.375.7010).
Appropriate attire for Commencement
- Ladies - Spring dresses or nice pants suits, dress shoes
- Gentlemen - Dark trousers, dress shirt and tie, dress shoes
- Avoid flip-flops at all costs. They are dangerous in the procession line and they are not appropriate footwear for a formal event. Ladies should also avoid shoes with very high heels.
- Please be sure to iron your camp and gown with a cool iron to ensure a neat appearance.
Ceremony and Rehearsal Information
If you know that you will NOT be participating in the graduation ceremony, you must notify the Registrar's Office, in writing by May 1, 2013. Your diploma will be held in the Registrar's Office for you to pick up any time after May 14, 2013. Please note:if you send someone to pick up your diploma in your stead, you must send them with written permission allowing us to release the diploma to them.
Remember: your account must be paid in full by April 15, 2013.
A transcript request form is available on the Lake Erie College website: www.lec.edu/academics. Keep in mind that your graduation statement will not be on the transcript until after you graduate.