First-time Freshman Admissions
Fall Semester Guideline
Fall semester decisions for first-time freshmen begin in November and continue on a rolling basis until enrollment goals have been met. It is recommended that students apply by May 1 to be considered for admission, college housing and scholarship funding/need-based financial aid.
Here's what you need to apply:
- Application fee: free for those who apply online; Lake Erie College is also a member of the Common Application, so please follow this link to apply.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale
Please note that exceptions to this rule are considered on an individual basis.
- Your ACT or SAT test scores
- Official high school transcripts
- One letter of recommendation
- Suggested high school coursework should include:
- 4 years of English
- 3 years of math
- 3 years of natural science (2 with lab component)
- 3 years of history and/or social studies
- 2 years of foreign language
- Application also available in printable PDF
- Completed Student Recommendation Form
Early Action – November 1
- Early Action applies to Fall Semester freshmen only.
- Early Action is non-binding and provides students with an early decision without obligation to enroll.
- Prospective freshmen participating in Early Action must submit their completed application package by November 1.
- Notification of admission decision will be mailed during the second week of November and will continue through the month.
Regular Admission, Rolling – December 1 through June 15
- Prospective freshmen will submit their completed application package by June 15.
- Notification of admission will be made on a rolling basis subject to space availability.
- After June 15 late applicants and wait-listed students will be evaluated on a rolling basis subject to space availability.
Student Confirmation Deposit Guideline – May 1
- All admitted first-time freshmen wishing to reserve a seat in the freshman class must submit the following:
- A $150 non-refundable enrollment confirmation deposit
- A $150 housing application fee and security deposit
- Students are encouraged to submit their deposits as soon as they are certain of Lake Erie College as their college choice; room assignments and roommate preferences are based on date priority. Additional deposit information and the Confirmation of Enrollment form will arrive with the acceptance package. Any students admitted after June 15 must submit the confirmation deposit and housing materials within two weeks of receiving an offer of admission.
- Any student canceling a housing contract after May 1 will forfeit the housing security deposit.
Lake Erie College abides by the National Candidates Reply Date of May 1, but we will continue to honor confirmation deposits for all students on a space-available basis up to the first day of fall classes.
Spring Semester Timeline
*Freshmen applying for Spring Semester are evaluated once the file is complete with all supporting documents received. Evaluations and notifications are processed on a rolling basis. Students are strongly encouraged to complete the application process as early as possible and well in advance of the posted guideline.
- Qualified students are admitted on a space available basis.
- Prospective Spring freshmen will submit their complete application package by December 15.
- The enrollment confirmation deposit ($150) and housing contract, application fee and deposit ($150) are due by Dec. 15.