Degree Awarded: Bachelor of Science
An understanding of the scope of the equine industry and its economical value to society.
Management skills necessary for a successful venture development in the equine industry.
Knowledge and skills in effective equine health care and prevention.
Consulting experience with equine business ventures.
Experience in the development of a business plan for a start-up equine venture.
- A minimum overall 2.5 GPA for all coursework.
- Courses taken on a pass/fail basis may not be applied to the major.
At least one-half of the courses are to be taken at Lake Erie College.
EN 140 Principles of Critical Analysis (4 SH)PS 101 General Psychology (4 SH)BI 100 Concepts of Biology (4 SH) OR BI 101/BI 101L Introductory Biology I and Lab (3/1 SH)
Requirements for this Major:
74 semester credits including:
44 semester credits of Management Course Requirements:
- AC 101 Accounting Principles I (4 SH)
- AC 102 Accounting Principles II (4 SH)
- MK 203 Marketing Principles (4 SH)
- MN 200 Introduction to Management (4 SH)
- MN 215 Business Statistics (4 SH)
- MN 323 Organizational Behavior (4 SH)
- LG 315 Business Law I (4 SH)
- ET 211 New Venture Planning and Development (4 SH)
- ET 221 Techniques of Persuading, Selling and Negotiating (4 SH)
- ET 401 New Venture Practicum and Entrepreneurship Experience: Part 1 (4 SH)
- ET 402 New Venture Practicum and Entrepreneurship Experience: Part 2 (4 SH)
30 semester credits of Equine Studies Course Requirements.
29 semester credits from the following:
and eight semester credits from:
and one semester credit from the following:
- EQR 101 Riding Skills 1 (1 SH)
- EQR 102 Riding Skills II (1 SH)
- EQR 103 Riding Skills III (1 SH)
- EQR 112 Balanced Seat Equitation II (1 SH)
- EQR 113 Balanced Seat Equitation III (1 SH)