Equine Studies Internships
Lake Erie College requires equestrian teacher/trainer and facility management majors to complete a minimum 75 hour internship within the industry. The Career Services Office combined with our outstanding partnerships help students find placement in some of the top locations in the country.
Internships offer students the chance to complete a small, well-defined project within a working environment. Participating in college internships offers both students and employers an inside edge. Before graduation, students have the chance to know what they want as a career. Employers are given the opportunity to look at the up and coming talent before graduation. Students are able to build relationships and form work alliances before graduation.
Internship opportunities have included:
- Lane's End / Oak Tree Farm, Lexington, KY
- Darley USA, Lexington, KY in Lexington, KY
- Ian Wilkes, Traits LLC racing stable, Louisville, KY
- KEMI. Kentucky Equine Management. Internship program.
- Lorick stables Youngstown, New York
- Thorncroft Farm Therapeutic Riding Center
- Kentucky Equine Research
- Iron Spring Farm, PA
- Buckeye Feeds
- Cleveland Equine Clinic
- United States Pony Club, Lexington, KY
- Canter Northern Ohio
- Fieldstone Farm Therapeutic Riding Center, Chagrin Falls, Oh
- Spirit of Leadership, Novelty, Oh
- Foster-Jimenez Show Stables, Newberry, Oh
- The Achievement Centers for Children's Camp Cheerful, Strongsville, Oh
- Graystone Hunters/Jumpers, Newberry, Oh
- Twilight Stables, Chardon, Oh
- Heulwen Farm, Chardon, Oh
...and many other top equestrian facilities across the United States.