Lake Erie College welcomes graduates and their families. Please familiarize yourself with the information contained in this section and share it with others who may be accompanying you on this special day. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we celebrate this momentous occasion.
- Tickets are required for the graduation ceremony. Tickets will be distributed by the Registrar two weeks prior to graduation.
- The lobby and main doors will open an hour before the ceremony.
- Graduates must arrive and check in by that time.
- With respect to fire codes and to ensure the safety of our guests, please do not bring strollers into the seating or lobby area. Children should have a ticketed seat or remain on the lap of an adult. Additionally, please leave graduate gifts (i.e. Flowers, balloons, etc.) in your car or at home.
- We request that guests silence all cell phones and/or pagers prior to the start of the ceremony.
- Professional photographers have been employed to photograph each graduate receiving a diploma. Families will later have the opportunity to purchase these photos.
- To avoid congestion, maintain decorum in the ceremony and abide by all rules of the fire code, family members are asked to refrain from approaching the platform to take pictures for more than a minute at a time.
A reception will be held for all graduates and their guests
immediately following the Commencement ceremony.
Tickets for the reception are not required.