Degree Awarded: Bachelor of Science
Are you interested in developing creative strategies to promote a product or service, understanding what drives people to make certain purchases or beating the competition with innovative new products? If so, you may find that the marketing major is an ideal choice.
The marketing major builds on a strong core foundation in business with
specific courses in areas such as marketing research, advertising,
public relations, consumer behavior and international marketing.
This curriculum features hands-on projects, the development of team-based skills and the opportunity to work on real-world marketing challenges.
The marketing internship enables students to integrate and apply their learning while opening the door to potential career opportunities.
The marketing major offers excellent preparation for further study at the graduate or professional school level. Majoring in marketing prepares graduates to launch exciting career paths in advertising and promotion, brand management, purchasing and merchandising, market research, e-commerce, retailing, sales and account management, logistics and distribution as well as positioning graduates for managerial and leadership roles in a wide variety of business and non-profit organizations.
Requirements for this Major:
60-63 semester credits including:
- AC 101 Accounting Principles I (4 SH)
- AC 102 Accounting Principles II (4 SH)
- BA 400 Senior Seminar (4 SH)
- CI 341 Management Information Systems (4 SH)
- EC 200 Principles of Economics (4 SH)
- FN 320 Corporation Finance (4 SH)
- LG 315 Business Law I (4 SH)
- MK 203 Marketing Principles (4 SH)
- MK 317 Marketing Management (4 SH)
- MK 328 International Marketing (2 SH)
- MK 334 Consumer Behavior (4 SH)
- MK 335 Marketing Research (4 SH)
- MK 394 Advertising and Public Relations (4 SH)
- MN 200 Introduction to Management (4 SH)
- MN 215 Business Statistics (4 SH)
- MK 250/350 Internship in Marketing (2-5 SH)
Note: There may be specific credit hour requirements for Internships. Students should review requirements with their academic advisor.
- MK 170-79/270-79/370-79 Special Topics in Marketing (2-4 SH)
- MK 260/360 Individual Investigation in Marketing (1-5 SH)