Requesting a Transcript
How to request a transcript:
There are two types of transcripts, official and unofficial. Unofficial transcripts are generated primarily for your own records or for internal college use. An official transcript must be requested in writing or through the National Student Clearinghouse Website. (An additional $2.25 fee does apply for National Student Clearinghouse services.)
Your transcript can be requested online here.
The transcript request form can be printed from the following link:
If you are unable to print the form from the link above, please provide the following information in writing:
- Your name (be sure to include the name under which you attended if different now)
- Student ID # or social security #
- Your address and phone number/e-mail address in case we have questions about your request
- The dates that you attended Lake Erie College
- The program that you attended, i.e. undergraduate, M.B.A., M.Ed., Professional Development Seminars, etc.
- Your signature is required. Your transcript will not be released without it!
- Write whether the transcript is for your records "Issued to Student" or for a third party to be stamped over the envelope seal.
The cost for an official transcript is $5.00 for each transcript. Unofficial transcripts are provided at no cost.
Transcripts are processed in the order of receipt. Normally, it takes 2-4 business days to process a request. However, it may take 5-7 business days to process at certain times of the year such as at the beginning or end of each semester.
Mail your request to: The Office of the Registrar, Lake Erie College, 391 W. Washington Street, Painesville, Ohio 44077. A request for a transcript may be faxed to the College at 440.375.7014 with credit card information. A cover page is not necessary. It is our policy not to fax grades or transcripts.